Saturday, April 18, 2009

MMMM eggplant

Hi again.
This week has been murder. Had oral surgery. They said that it wouldn't be bad, but it was a lot worse than I could have imagined. As I sit here thinking of different foods to eat, one thing comes to mind that I really enjoy. Eggplant. Oh, I have had it many ways, but by far my favorite way is the way my grandma and mother fixed it. Mom finally broke down and told me how to do it.
Take one large eggplant, peel it. Cut it into small cubes. Take one potato, large, peel it and cut into cubes the size of your eggplant. Boil the potato in water (salted) along with the eggplant. Drain both when done well. Mash the eggplant and potato together. Finely dice one small onion and add to eggplant/potato mash. Add salt and pepper to taste. One egg and mix together. Take a muffin tin and grease or Pam the sides and bottoms well. Add the mixture. Take bacon and cut into pieces and place one piece per muffin cup on the top of eggplant mix. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 45 mins. to 1 hr. or until the bacon is done. Pop out of the muffin tin and enjoy as a side dish.
I really like my eggplant this way. Hope you will give it a try. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I've never had eggplant this way. I like mine lightly fried after dipping in egg and flour. This sounds really good though.

    ReplyDelete