Saturday, April 4, 2009

It's April


Wow! Where has the time gone. It is April already. I cannot believe Easter is just a week away. Time is going fast. Time to go visit the cemetary and put the flowers out for Easter. Time to prepare for Easter morning. My mom made sweet bread for Easter, but I have yet to find that wonderful recipe. It had raisins and was a sweet bread yeast dough. The top had a special crust that was so yummy.


Easter sunday we went to Lakeview for pictures at the basket. Cold, rain, sun, or warm we went. Had ham and boiled eggs and either macaroni salad (for me, I hate potato salad) or potato salad for everyone else. Some of the other relatives would be over, aunts, uncles, cousins, great aunts and uncles, grandparents. What wonderful, warm memories to cherish.


Easter just gets to be another day as we get older and the family disappears. The dinners are gone. But the memories we can cherish in our hearts forever. Happy weekend. Will see if I can find the wonderful bread recipe to share....

No comments:

Post a Comment