Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas to All

Yes, today is Christmas and I wish a very Merry one to all. It is a day of reflection for me...reflecting on the warm family Christmases of past. Today I sit here with my little dog. We have had many other friends in the house, but today it is he and I.
I think back to when I was little. We had Aunts, Uncles, Great Aunts and Uncles, Grandmothers, cousins...the house was filled with Love. And today, most of them are gone...either deceased or moved away. Each one with their own lives to live. I remember the joyous laughter and delight as us little ones opened up each gift.
Today I remember my parents. And I am thankful for them. They were really good to us growing up. They did the best they could.
We did have traditional food on Christmas....ham, sausage, potato and macaroni salads, pierogi, sweet bread, jello salad, usually a cake or pie or nut or poppyseed rolls. I did most of the decorating...loved it then.
So, today, as I sit here with my little guy, Taco. I reflect on the past Christmases and the joys of those days gone by. And relish in the knowledge that life must go on...one day at a time.
Merry Christmas and all the Blessings of the Season to you and your families......

No comments:

Post a Comment