Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's Father's Day


Hi again. Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers out there. Tonite
I wanted to tell you about a recipe that my dad liked and so did
my husband. Gram made it a little differently, but my husband
liked my way. I did not like these at all growing up and even
when I made them for my husband, I ate something else. So
here are the Stuffed Peppers I made:
1 1/2 Lbs. ground beef 1 bag Minute Rice cooked
1 medium diced onion Salt & pepper to taste
2 cans of tomato soup garlic powder to taste
4 or 5 green, red or yellow peppers cleaned
Mix together the ground beef, the diced onion, the cooked rice after it cools, salt and pepper, and garlic powder. Wash and dry your peppers, cut off just the tops and scoop out the seeds and the fibrous part of the pepper, making sure to keep it in tact. Stuff the pepper with the beef and rice mix. Put top on and place in large heavy bottom kettle standing upright. Pour in the tomato soup and add enough water to fill to 3/4 up the pepper. Cover and cook for about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. or until pepper is soft when knife is inserted. Serve with boiled potatoes and another veggie and you are all set. You can also make this by putting the pepper upright in a oven proof covered casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 45 mins to 1 hr.
Hope you enjoy the day. Keep an eye to the sky since we have been having so darn many storms. Take care!! Til we meet again.

1 comment: