Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Finally eating

Hurray!
I had my first food--real food. I didn't realize how much I missed veggies. Had some salad and tomatoes today. They sure did taste good. Was thinking about some of the dishes I fixed for my mom when she had her problems eating. One of her favorites was pork chops and rice. It is very easy to make:
4-6 pork chops seasoned with salt and pepper 2 cups white rice
2 cans cream of mushroom soup 4 cans of water
Season your pork chops as you want. Put your rice uncooked into a casserole. Lay the seasoned pork chops on the rice. Open your soup and pour into a bowl, mix in the water. Pour over your pork and rice. Cover. Bake at 350 degrees for 90 mins. or until water absorbed and rice cooked thru. You can add peas or broccoli to this and bake it and have a meal in one dish. The pork chops come out nice and tender this way.
Try it you might enjoy them.
Well, keep you posted on my progress eating. Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment